Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Firehouse Grill



In honor of the Blackhawks clenching the Stanley Cup, I have to introduce you to Firehouse Grill on Chicago Ave, an official Blackhawks bar. I have no idea what qualifies the Firehouse Grill as being an official Blackhawks bar, but they must be pretty big fans. Living only a couple blocks from this American, comfort food restaurant, I’ve dined here more times than I wish to say. When people come to visit me in Evanston I always suggest this place because every experience has been wonderful. The first time I went there, a family walked in and three children dashed to the back where there are shelves of toy fire trucks and picked a truck to play with.  

When you arrive to Firehouse Grill there’s no formality of waiting to be seated. You grab a menu and find either a comfortably big booth or table next to large windows. Service is very friendly and speedy. The menu consists of burgers, sandwiches, salads, and entrees. Personally, I love their sandwiches. I highly recommend any of their wraps, the blackened salmon sandwich, the chipotle chicken sandwich, and the honeymooner, which consist of turkey breast, mozzarella, and bacon, all on egg bread with honey mustard. Aside from their food, their drink menu offers 7 beers on tap, all kinds of bottle beer, wine, and creative specialty drinks. So, if you are ever in Evanston and need to grab a quick or relaxed bite to eat, I would definitely recommend the Firehouse Grill at 750 Chicago Ave.  


8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Your description was very full and gave me a good idea of what a trip there would be like. Love that you shared the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome place and the food sounds amazing. Was it really an old firehouse? Looks like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun ! Will have to make a trip down with the family soon. Thanks, we don't venture out to Evanston that will all change now !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recommendation! I'm not in Evanston often, but occasionally I attend a Northwestern game. The Firehouse Grill sounds like a perfect spot for pre or post game. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how packed that place was for game 6!? The food sounds great. I will have to try it out with my daughter next time we are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the type of place I like to go...no pretense or overformality, great food. I have a friend who's finishing up her master's at Northwestern this summer, and I'll probably suggest we go here when we're out to see her sometime. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really good. I wish we were a bit closer to Evanston. I'll have to see if my wife and I can get a date night out that way sometime soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fun and delicious! Maybe a MLit 6 dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete