Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's been an enjoyable, but long two years living with my parents. Upon completing my student teaching internship at Michigan State University (GO GREEN!), I moved back home to the quiet northwest suburb of Palatine. It was a great place to grow up. I loved all my schools and made some great friends, but frankly it became boring. Being so close to the bustling city of Chicago, I was always trying to find excuses to visit friends living in the city. In December, I decided the time had come to start looking for an apartment. 

A good friend of mine lived in Evanston near Hinman and Main street. I immediately fell in love with the area and knew this was the place for me. So here I am, living in Evanston, and biting at the bit to explore all the restaurants, beaches, stores, and unique culture of this vibrant community. I plan to chronicle and critique my experiences exploring Evanston and hope to inspire you to come visit this amazing area.





2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea Katie! I'm excited to see all the fun places you'll find. Have fun exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine recently interviewed in Evanston for an architecture job and he too fell in love with the community. Though he didn’t get the job, the town left a huge impression on him so much that if he gets a job in the Chicago area (lives in Iowa), he wants to move his family to Evanston. I’m glad that the transition to your new place is going well.

    ReplyDelete