Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pretend you are in the Gulf..


Summertime and beaches go together like peanut butter and jelly. I’ve been to a couple beaches in the Chicago-land area including North Avenue in the city. While the city beaches are nice contrasted with giant skyscrapers, they are typically loud and overcrowded. Plus, being from the suburbs, they can be difficult to get to. Let me introduce you to Evanston Beaches.

Evanston has seven well-maintained beaches along Lake Michigan’s lakefront. As an Evanston resident, I purchased a beach pass for the season, but a daily pass can be purchased by anyone. Adults are $8, children 1-11 are $6 and children under one-years-old are free. My two favorite beaches right now are Lee Street Beach and South Boulevard Beach. Lee Street has more going on. Parking is on the street and bathrooms are very close by. You can buy a hot dog, ice cream, pop, or various snacks from the venders by the beach. South Boulevard is more private and offers a lot of parking. Both beaches have lifeguards on duty and are rather shallow, good swimming for kids or just sticking your feet in. Before going to the beach, check Evanston’s website to make sure they are open.  

My friends and I enjoying a Friday afternoon at Lee Street Beach. 
 When I just look out, I feel like I'm in Florida. 
I love how blue the lake looks!





My boyfriend and I enjoying a sunset on the beach.



2 comments:

  1. It's not summer without a few visits to the beach! You are lucky to be SO close. And I agree with you, it looks just like Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally got to go to the beach! The city beaches are a bit too crowed for my tastes, but the Evanston beaches look perfect!

    ReplyDelete